Sunday, January 26, 2014

These Pizza Burgers Are Oh-So-Good!

Hello all! I hope you are all having a great weekend so far. We are experiencing quite the winter storm here in Minnesota and I had a pretty good weekend trying to avoid going out in the nasty weather. I got a lot done and feel refreshed and ready to go into the busy week ahead!

Yesterday I had lunch with some of my family and we decided to make pizza burgers. This is a recipe that we have been making for quite a few years and they always go over well. This meal is super easy to make and takes hardly any time at all which is a winner in my book. Plus, they taste great! :)



You will need:

1 lb ground beef
1/2 lb shredded cheese (mozzarella is my favorite for this recipe)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sage
1 tsp oregeno
1 15 oz. can of pizza sauce
2 1/2 tsp dry parsley
1 8-pack hamburger buns

Directions:

1. Brown the ground beef and drain.


2. In a mixing bowl combine hamburger, pizza sauce, parsley, oregano, sage and salt. Stir well.


3. Split each of the hamburger buns and lay them out on a cookie sheet. Toast for 5 minutes in the oven at 425 degrees.


4. Remove the hamburger bun halves from the oven and scoop ground beef mixture onto the buns. 

5. Sprinkle cheese on top of the hamburger. Today I added a couple of green olive slices for a little more flavor.

6. Bake at 425 for an additional 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment