Every time there is an "away" game, Aryn and I get together at one of our two houses. The person that is hosting supplies the food and the other one of us will grab a bottle of Riesling wine on the way over (a true shared passion of ours). We then make dinner together and plug one of our computers into the TV and watch the game online. Aren't we supportive? ;)
On Monday, we got together and decided to make these French Dip Croissants with Au Jus. It was super easy to make and they turned out great!
You will need:
-1 package of crescent rolls (8 count)
-1 lb. deli sliced roast beef
-8 slices of provolone cheese
-1 14 oz. can beef broth OR 2 beef bouillon cubes w/ 2 cups of water
-1 tsp corn starch
-dash of garlic powder
-dash of pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Unroll crescent rolls onto a cookie sheet. I always place aluminum foil on the cookie sheet to prevent messes and save time!
3. On each crescent, place 2 slices of roast beef and one slice of cheese. Roll up each crescent, starting at the wide end and ending at the narrow end.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes (until the crescents are golden in color).
5. While baking the crescents, prepare the Au Jus. I boiled two cups of water and put 2 beef bouillon cubes in the boiling water, stirring until they dissolved. Add the pepper, garlic powder, and corn starch. Whisk well over medium heat until corn starch dissolves.
6. Enjoy :)